Update: June 30, 2015
Statement of Faith
• We believe that God exists in three eternal persons - Father, Jesus Christ (the Son), and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
• We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died for our sins and arose from the dead(1 Corinthians 15:1-8, John 3:16).
• We believe that the Bible is God's inspired Word and is our final authority for Christian belief and practice (2 Timothy 3:16).
• We believe all human beings are created in God's image but have been damaged by their choices to sin against God (Romans 3:23).
• We believe that God makes forgiveness possible through His Son's sacrifice on the cross (Acts 4:12).
• We believe that the offer of salvation is based on God's mercy and grace rather than on our good works (Ephesians 2:8; Titus 3:4-7).
• We believe that faith in Jesus Christ, turning from our sinful ways, and being washed clean spiritually through baptism is man's proper response to the Gospel (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16).
• We believe that all baptized believers in Jesus Christ are adopted into God's family and receive the indwelling Spirit as an encouragement to maturity (Galatians 3:26,27; Romans 8:16; Acts 2:38).
• We believe that the church is the body of Christ on earth and is empowered by the Spirit to continue the ministry of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27; 2 Corinthians 5:20).
• We believe that God has entrusted the church with the privilege of sharing the goodnews of Jesus Christ (Mark 16:15,16).
• We believe that God expects all believers to imitate Jesus Christ and grow to think and behave more like Him every day (Philippians 2:5; 1 Peter 2:21).
• We believe that Jesus will gather all the saved, both living and dead, and carry them to heaven to receive a new, immortal body and live in the presence of God for all eternity (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:52).